Friday, February 5, 2010

Typical NYC Craigslist Writing and Editing Job Postings


Editor Needed

I am a writer and I have written an ~800 page novel, but for some reason I need someone to edit it for basic grammar and punctuation. Must have superior grammar knowledge. Must treat me as if I am a writer-genius. I will pay $0.05 a page.

Also, manuscript needs to be transferred from bits of paper and dining-room-table-etchings to computer.


Comedy Writer Opportunity

I am looking for a writing partner! I have plenty of my own hilarious friends who I hang out with all the time, don’t worry ;) but I decided I wanted a different perspective so I’m reaching out!

Please send me some samples or ideas, and we can get started right away.

If you have writing or performing experience, it is a big plus. If you have a cool apartment we could meet in and hang out in, it is a big plus. If you want to go to the movies or hang out at a bar every Friday night, like best friends might, it is a big big plus. Even better if you want to make and then exchange friendship bracelets. See ya soon!

No Pay.


Scripts Wanted

I’m a producer. I won’t tell you exactly what that means, or what I’ve worked on in the past, or why I’m posting on Craigslist for scripts instead of using my producer contacts.

Send me your scripts, the ones you consider your life’s accomplishment. Send them to me and I’ll do something. Maybe something good, maybe something bad, who knows? I’m certainly not going to tell you.

This could be your big break. But this could also be a big set up for some sort of humiliating reality show. “Desperate Writers” or something like that. But hey, relax, you’re being overly paranoid; most likely I’m just someone who’s going to steal the best ideas in your script. But then again, maybe it’s your big break! Send scripts.

No Pay.


Writer's Assistant Job Opening

You will work inside of my home. After-dark availability preferred.

No Pay.


Calling All Humor Writers!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya funny guys and gals! We’re making a website that is going to be the next big thing in terms of comedy websites. We’re hoping to get a vibe like ComedyCentral.com.

Though we have never made a website before, we are sure this website will actually show up, will not have numerous formatting problems, and will not be abandoned within the month. Get your hopes up about this opportunity!

We are taking submissions on basically any topic, but we prefer the following hilarious topics: sex, race, disabilities, and anything Adam Sandler’s done.

Thanks!

No pay.


Attention Young Writers!

New Restaurant opening at 93rd and 10th hiring front of house and back of house. Must, repeat MUST, have AT LEAST 2 YEARS NYC RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE. Must be available to work evenings, weekends, holidays, birthdays, and any other time you were looking forward to enjoying.

$2.50/hour +tips

No comments: