Friday, February 19, 2010

Dear Professor


Dear Professor,

Hi, I’m Clara Morris from your Pysch415 class. I’m the one who sits way in the back, kinda behind some people. You might not be able to put a face with my name because I’m very short and contemplative, so I’m hard to see and quiet. But I’m always there, right on time. You probably don’t see me come in, since I’m right on time I enter the classroom along with a bunch of other people. And you probably don’t see me after class either. I have another really interesting class right after yours, so I always rush out the door.

Anyway, I’m writing because I had a few questions about the paper due this Monday. Approximately how long do you think it would take the average person to complete this kind of paper? I’ve already put a ton of time in, and I have a tendency to spend too much time on my schoolwork. I really don’t want to stress myself out needlessly, you know? And I want to be sure to get enough sleep so I’ll be alert when I present the paper in class tomorrow.

Oh, and another question, are we going to have time for everyone to present tomorrow? If we don’t present tomorrow, do we still turn in our papers? It seems like it’d be logical to hang on to the paper until we present, just so we can practice with the original copy. (I would hate to waste trees and print out another one!)

Now, the instruction sheet says you want us to provide a bibliography, and I was just wondering what specific sources you’d like to see in that bibliography. I’ve spent so much time at the library, researching and studying for this paper, I find myself with way too many sources! I don’t want to bore you with a super long bibliography, so if you could help me narrow it down, that’d be great.

If you could also point me to specific page numbers within those sources it would be helpful. Basically, all the reading is so valuable I feel like I should reference every page. But then I’d exceed your allotted word limit for the paper, so I’m really conflicted. Ugh, it’s so typical of me to include too in-depth coverage of each source! I’m just trying to break that habit and do a good job.

I’m sorry, I know this is a lot of questions, and I probably should have contacted you sooner. I’ve just been spending so much time and effort on the academic side (reading and reading, writing and writing) that I sort of let all the nitty gritty formalities go by the wayside. If you can’t answer me right away, I completely understand. I’d even be willing to put in a few days extra work and turn the paper in sometime after Monday. (With no late penalties, of course, since we’re discussing the special circumstances now) That would really be no problem at all.

Thanks and see you tomorrow :)

Clara

P.S. See you tomorrow unless we decide I should stay home to do the extra work on the paper. Which is totally fine with me. So, I guess if I don’t hear back from you in time, I wont come in or turn my paper in tomorrow morning, and I’ll assume we’re going with the above stated plan. Thanks!

No comments: